Apple picking.

Tonight was the night! We picked the apples from the small apple tree in our yard. The same Apple tree (minus a stint in Idaho and living in the fifth wheel when we moved back) that my kids have been climbing in since Charlotte was a baby. (Excuse me while I cry.) Some days I still can’t believe we moved to Idaho from this house and ended up being back in the same house. 

This year we sprayed it twice really well with Diatomaceous Earth in hopes it would prevent worms from finding them.... it in fact did NOT work. Oh well, not giving up on this little tree, next year! All together we filled a large tote, and that’s not bad for free apples! I plan to make applesauce, pie filling and juice. We will see how my plans turn out soon. Four kids and all.... 

Mom life. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football. Fall.

Kittens.

Oregon Coast to Cali Roadtrip!